Inspiration Trust annual conference - "we need to talk about race and diversity in our schools"Back
The Inspiration Trust Conference 2020 has brought together education teams across Norfolk and north Suffolk to focus on equality and diversity. Dame Rachel de Souza, Chief Executive of Inspiration Trust, told hundreds of colleagues that "we need to talk about race and diversity in our schools".
During her keynote speech, she outlined: "We have a duty to ensure that the children going through our schools do not contribute to the unfairness that's present in society today." She also celebrated the hard work and determination of education teams during lockdown; thanked colleagues for their contributions to remote learning and Oak National Academy; and outlined the challenges overcome to reopen schools.
This year's conference is taking place virtually, with an exciting agenda of guest speakers.
- Alison Kriel, experienced Headteacher, Education Advisor and Speaker
- Craig Pinkney, Founder and Director of Solve
- Martyn Oliver, CEO of Outwood Grange Academies Trust
- Kiran Gill, Founder and CEO of The Difference
- Dr Elly Barnes, CEO of Educate and Celebrate
- Katherine Walsh, EEF Project Director of Nasen
Watch clips of Dame Rachel de Souza's keynote speech below: