Teaching and learning
We aim for the very best in classroom education, enabling all pupils to achieve success and gain valuable knowledge and skills.
A wide range of techniques – tailored to meet the needs of all pupils – are used in lessons.
In every lesson we expect:
- To stretch, challenge and support our pupils
- To inspire interest and curiosity
- To develop reading, writing, and mathematical skills
- To provide opportunities to work in groups as well as developing independence and resilience
- To build confidence and encourage pupils to take responsibility
- Pupils to push themselves to make the best progress
Our teaching is well regarded within the profession, and we are a specialist centre for the training of maths, physics, and modern foreign languages teachers.
We work with our fellow schools within the Inspiration Trust to apply innovative teaching approaches and deliver a thorough, modern curriculum.