Our teaching and learning ethos
We feel strongly that all young people are entitled to an exceptional education and that is what we have set out to provide.
We have a responsibility to offer that exceptional education both for our current students and for the future generations of Norwich – we want to produce the leaders of tomorrow.
- We embed our core values in all that we do: resilience, scholarship, independence and aspiration.
- We have created a culture that is relentlessly focused on promoting excellence.
- We always aim to instill a love of learning in our students.
- We encourage our students to have a growth mindset – our students are reflective and always set themselves high standards.
- We support all our students in fulfilling their academic potential and achieving their personal goals.
- We acknowledge and reward academic success and have created a culture where scholarship is valued and aspired to.
- We encourage community values – all of our students are part of the Jane Austen College community, but also the community beyond our doors.
- We encourage our students to engage positively with British values such as responsibility for their behaviour; contributing positively to the lives of our community; tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions; and respect for other people and democracy.