Special educational needs
At Sir Isaac Newton Sixth Form we aim to:
- Ensure that all members of the school community support students with special educational needs and disabilities and that SEND students are integrated fully into the life of the school.
- Ensure that all students have access to high-quality teaching.
- Ensure that all students identified as having SEND have, as far as possible, equal access to all aspects of the curriculum, with modifications made to the curriculum if appropriate.
- Meet the special educational needs of children with physical disabilities as far as is practicable in terms of the layout and resources of the school.
- Increase the confidence of students with SEND, encouraging them to be involved in their own provision.
- Communicate with parents about all aspects of the special needs provision made for their children and to seek to develop this partnership.
For more information please see the report below or contact our SENCO, Rachel Jarrold at firstname.lastname@example.org
Details of the Norfolk local offer can be found at www.norfolk.gov.uk/children-and-families/send-local-offer