Health and social care
This course will provide learners with the opportunity, through applied learning, to develop the core specialist knowledge, skills and understanding required in the health and social care sector.
- Unit 1: Building Positive Relationships in Health and Social Care - coursework
- Unit 2: Equality, Diversity and Rights in health and Social Care - exam
- Unit 3: Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care - exam
- Unit 4: Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social Care - exam
- Two further optional units required
GCSE biology grade 6, the ability to write competently and a strong interest in the health and social care sector.
Career / higher education opportunities
Progression to further study in higher education and sector-related apprenticeships. Potential careers include care home worker, social worker, nursing, physiotherapist, doctor, Early Years practitioner, counselling, youth worker.
Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care
“I enjoy the broad range of topics that cover a number of areas and this has inspired me to pursue my interests in health and social care.”