Behaviour and rewards
We have high expectations of student behaviour at The Hewett Academy, underpinned by our core values of:
Our students show these values through adhering to our school rules:
- Arrive at school and all lessons on time.
- Be fully equipped for all lessons.
- Wear your full uniform with pride.
- Move around the school quickly, quietly and sensibly.
- Put your hand up to ask or answer a question.
- Speak to staff, peers and visitors with respect and good manners.
- Respect your school environment, resources and the wider school site.
- Don’t eat in the corridors at any time.
- Only use mobile phones outside the school gates.
- No outside clothing to be worn inside the school building.
Every student has the right to engage in learning and the expectation is that all students will behave in a respectful, purposeful manner in all learning environments. When a student does not comply with this ethos, and disrupts their learning and the learning of others, there are clear steps and sanctions which the academy will take.
Good behaviour, good attendance, and excellent progress will be rewarded with house points and recognised with regular assemblies, trips, and activities.