NPQML: National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership
Who is this course for?
- Teachers who are aspiring to middle leadership and who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Likely to be in a middle leadership role in the next 12-18 months
- Have completed at least one year of full-time teaching
- Those currently in middle leadership roles who fit within the guidance below:
- In secondary schools, middle leaders will have roles such as head of department, head of year or a whole-school lead role (for example, SEN), or second in charge of a department or pastoral area
- In primary schools, middle leaders will have roles such as phase leaders; key stage leaders or a whole-school lead role (for example, literacy)
- If the middle leader is aspiring to senior leadership, or currently serves on the senior leadership team, this person may be more suited to the National Professional Qualification for Senior Leaders
What is the duration and expected commitment of the course?
- Six twilight training sessions
- Pre-training and post training reading
- All participants must lead an improvement project in their team, lasting at least two terms, aimed at improving pupil progress and attainment and the capability of their team.
What is the content of the course?
The NPQML qualification will focus on the core content areas which are common across our NPQ courses:
- Leadership skills and impact
- Teaching and learning
- Curriculum and assessment
- Strategy and improvement
- Operational management
How am I assessed?
- A written assessment
- A compulsory viva assessment alongside the required written assessment
What is the application process?
We ask for your CV and a letter explaining why you want to take part on this particular course with Inspiration Trust and Ambition Institute.
You will also need to include a letter from your in-school sponsor (this should be a head teacher or equivalent) which outlines why they think you are suitable for this course and their commitment to giving you the appropriate time and support to complete the course.
Find out more
Applications are now closed for this academic year, we will re-open in the next academic year. Please register your interest using the button below: