What is remote learning?
If school is closed, students will need to continue their education at home - we call this remote learning. We have a range of learning resources available.
We want to minimise the impact to your child’s education - we have planned for this. You will be able to contact teachers during the school day, as usual.
How will we provide remote learning?
Advice for parents
On behalf of our teaching staff, here are a few ‘tips’ to get the best out of time at home.
- Children should maintain their routine as much as possible.
- Students should continue to follow the school timetable. They will already be familiar with this, so it should help support them during this difficult time.
- Mental and physical health is really important - if possible, children should get some fresh air and exercise.
- If you have a table/desk in a quiet spot that can be set up as a study area, this will help your child to focus.
- We would encourage you to remove distractions during study time. Removing mobile phones, tablets etc.is a good way of helping them to keep on track.
- Children can review the work they’ve done all year and make revision notes.
- Reading is vital. Please make sure your child reads approx. one book a week.