We want our students to be proud to be a part of the Charles Darwin community and represent the school positively, so it is important that they are always smartly dressed.
Our uniform supplier is Stevensons on Ber Street – all items marked with an asterisk must be bought from here. See their website for contact details and opening times.
- Charles Darwin logo polo shirt* (compulsory)
- Charles Darwin logo jumper* (not compulsory)
- Comfortable trousers or skirt
- Comfortable shoes
- White long- or short-sleeved collared shirt
- White long- or short-sleeved open-collar blouse
- Charles Darwin logo jumper* or cardigan*
- Charles Darwin logo tie*
- Black school trousers or shorts
- Charles Darwin logo blazer* (optional in Reception / Year 1, compulsory from Year 2)
- Black leather or leather-look shoes
- Wellies (any colour)
- Charles Darwin tartan pinafore*, skirt*, or black school trousers
- Yellow gingham dress with buttons only (optional)
- Black tights or white/black socks
- Charles Darwin logo PE T-shirt*
- Navy jogging bottoms
- Navy shorts
- Navy sweatshirt
- Plain trainers
Bags and coats
- Coats are to be smart without large logos and branding. We would encourage parents to choose coats with reflective strips, for safety. Hoodies are not permitted.
- No school bags need to be brought to school for Key Stage 1 students - the Charles Darwin book bag and a lunch box are sufficient.
- Key Stage 2 students - bags should be without large logos and branding. Bags need to be suitable for carrying student books and equipment eg. backpack or satchel styles.
- One pair of small metal stud earrings may be worn.
- No rings, necklaces, or bracelets are to be worn, apart from Medical Alert jewellery.
- A watch may be worn.
- Make up is not to be worn. Nail varnish should not be worn.
- Hair styles and colours should not be extreme. We would strongly suggest that parents discuss hairstyles and colours with the school beforehand if they are in any doubt as to whether they might be considered extreme. This will avoid potential issues.
Help with uniform costs
The Anguish's Educational Foundation offers grants to help pay for school uniform and other educational costs for families living in Norwich. Please visit their website for more details.