The school uniform at Charles Darwin Nursery is of a similar traditional style to the Charles Darwin Primary uniform.
This uniform, while in keeping with the Charles Darwin colours, will keep the nursery students suitably distinguished from the primary students.
We want our students to be comfortable and able to enjoy their play and exploration while also feeling part of the larger cross-year group community.
This smart yet informal attire will also allow them to become more comfortable with wearing a school uniform ready for when they move to later education.
Our uniform supplier is Stevensons on Ber Street – all items marked with an asterisk must be bought from here. See their website for contact details and opening times.
- Charles Darwin logo polo shirt* (compulsory)
- Charles Darwin logo jumper* (not compulsory)
- Comfortable trousers or skirt
- Comfortable shoes
- Wellies for outside play
Nappies and wipes
Children are required to bring their own nappies and cleaning wipes as well as any extras that they require for changing. This prevents issues arising with allergies and items going missing.
We recommend that children bring a spare change of clothes with them.
We recommend that children purchase one of our nursery drawstring bags to keep their extra clothes, nappies, wipes etc. safely tucked away in.
- One pair of small metal stud earrings may be worn.
- No rings, necklaces, or bracelets are to be worn, apart from Medical Alert jewellery.
- A watch may be worn.
- Make up is not to be worn. Nail varnish should not be worn.
- Hair styles and colours should not be extreme. We would strongly suggest that parents discuss hairstyles and colours with the school beforehand if they are in any doubt as to whether they might be considered extreme. This will avoid potential issues.
Help with uniform costs
The Anguish's Educational Foundation offers grants to help pay for school uniform and other educational costs for families living in Norwich. Please visit their website for more details.