Positive Rewards at Wayland Academy
Rewarding students is a core value at Wayland Academy.
Rewards will be used to recognise positive contributions, good attendance and behaviour as well as the effort made, determination shown, resilience and achievements of all students.
We aim to praise and reward the ‘whole’ student including those achievements made outside in the wider community.
We will continue to develop the range of rewards through increased engagement with students and parents/carers.
The Student Council and Tutor Groups Representatives will have opportunities to discuss rewards and suggest new ideas
Rewards can be grouped into 4 main core categories:
- INSPIRED - of extraordinary quality.
This reward should be given to a student that has produced an outstanding piece of work independently that shows accuracy, detail and subject knowledge.
- DRIVEN – so determined to achieve something or be successful that all of their behaviour is directed towards this aim.
This reward should be given to a student that has pushed themselves and given a high level of effort to complete a task and produced work that shows improvement and progress
- EXCEEDED - go beyond, be greater than what is stipulated.
This reward should be given to a student when they complete extra-curricular activities, groups or tasks in addition to timetabled lessons.
- ACHIEVED - successfully bring about or reach a desired objective by effort, skill, or courage.
This reward should be given to a student that has shown significantly high level academic achievement compared to their peers.
In addition to the four core categories there are other rewards that are specific to year groups:
- Good Citizen - this reward should be given to a student who makes a conscious decision to help or support others.
- Attendance - a student will be awarded this automatically each time they have achieve 100% attendance for a 4 week period
- Year 11 Electives - this reward should be given to a student when they have attend an extra sessions for a certain subject that is in addition to timetabled lessons.
- Accelerated Reader - this reward should be given to a student who achieves 100% in an accelerated reader test.