Training at Thetford Academy
The Thetford Academy is pleased to offer teacher subject specialism training (TSST) in maths, physics, and modern foreign languages (French).
The courses are fully funded and there is no cost to attend.
About our training
Who can apply?
- Qualified teachers from any subject specialism who would like to teach a new subject
- Returning teachers who would like to have a refresher
- Graduates who would like to develop their subject knowledge before applying for SCITT or PGCE courses
Benefits to schools
- Development of subject specialist STEM teachers
- Reduced expenditure on recruitment costs for teachers
The training will:
- Improve the subject knowledge of non-specialist teachers through school-led teacher subject specialism training opportunities, including:
- Non-specialist teachers who could teach an additional subject in addition to their main subject
- Teachers who want to retrain in a new subject
- Provide greater support to teachers wishing to return to the profession through access to subject specialism training courses
Delivery consists of:
- Online tutorials
- Six face-to-face training days at The Thetford Academy
- Develop subject pedagogy in the classroom
Find out more
In order to apply for a TSST course or for more information, complete the application form below and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org