We require all our students to be properly dressed in their school uniform. Please do help us to maintain good standards by ensuring students are appropriately dressed when they leave for school each day.
Following discussions with parents, students and staff, the list below details what clothing items are suitable for school uniform:
- Thetford Academy purple and silver tie
- Thetford Academy blazer
- Plain white school shirt with formal collar
- Black pleated or flat-fronted tailored trousers (no leggings, denim, corduroy, or slim/skinny fit)
- Black pleated or flat, knee-length skirt with black tights (optional)
- Black V-neck jumper or cardigan
- Black shoes (not trainers)
Accessories and hairstyles
Jewellery should be limited to one small stud per ear for girls and one ring per hand. Dangling earrings, necklaces, bangles and piercings other than in the earlobe as above are not permitted.
Hairstyles should be sensible and business-like. Long hair will need to be tied back in some lessons as directed by staff and no extreme styles or colour will be accepted. The judgement of ‘extreme’ will be at the school’s discretion.
If a parent or student is unsure as to whether or not hair colour, style, or any other item of clothing or decoration will be acceptable then we would advise you to contact the school before purchasing as students may be sent home for uniform infringements.
Note that piercings that may heal up if left without use should not be performed when students are about to return to school as this will not be an acceptable reason for not following uniform guidelines.
All students must have:
- Thetford Academy black PE polo shirt, with logo
- Thetford Academyblack PE shorts, with logo
- Thetford Academyblack/purple PE socks
- Suitable sports trainers with non-marking soles – please note that these must have a leather upper. Canvas shoes, such as Converse shoes, are not permitted
- Football boots, shin pads and gum shields will be required for some sessions – please contact the PE department if you are unsure
When weather conditions require it, students would benefit from having the following kit:
- Thetford Academy purple/black rugby shirt
- Thetford Academy black PE jacket
- Black tracksuit/jogging trousers
How to order uniform
Uniform has to be ordered online and collected from the academy - it should be available to collect from reception after two working days. You should already have details of your Wisepay login. If you have any queries please contact the office.
If your child is entitled to free school meals and you have applied there will be a 10% discount off standard uniform garments and these items are identified on the uniform order form. When you order online you will have to pay the full cost and then complete the relevant paperwork to receive the refund.
You are welcome to come to the academy from 3pm to 4pm any day, to look at the size of each uniform item before you order online.