We encourage our students to take pride in their appearance and expect all our students to wear full uniform throughout the school day, including on the way to and from school.
We ask that parents support us in enforcing the uniform guidelines.
You can purchase uniform from Yourschoolwear.co.uk. Students starting in Year 7 will receive details of how and when to purchase uniform during the summer term prior to starting in September. For parents entitled to school clothing vouchers, application forms are available from the school.
- Black formal leather or leather-look shoes with a low heel. No plimsolls or trainers and no logos
- Plain ankle socks or opaque black or natural tights
- Charcoal grey Academy trousers or pleated Academy skirt
- White plain cotton long- or short-sleeved shirt
- Navy blue Academy jumper with pale blue stripe at neck (optional)
- Charcoal grey Academy blazer with logo on breast pocket. This must be worn at all times around the school, except at the teacher's discretion in the classroom
- Blue striped Academy tie
- Coats of a traditional style and hats/scarves can be worn to and from school
When existing kit needs to be replaced the following will be worn:
- Navy Academy sports polo shirt
- Navy Academy shorts with logo
- Navy Academy socks
- Navy/pale blue reversible long-sleeved Academy top (optional)
- Navy Academy joggers (optional)
- Team shirts will be provided
No additional or alternative items of clothing will be acceptable. Any worn will be confiscated.
Please note: It is strongly recommended that all items are clearly marked with the student's name and form.
- Medical-aware or religious necklaces and bracelets
- Badges and awards given by the school
One pair of small stud earrings only. No other forms of body or facial piercing are permitted. (An Elastoplast over a piercing is NOT acceptable). Students will be expected to remove and if they refuse will be internally isolated until resolved.
Should items of jewellery be brought to school that are not permitted, the student should expect the item to be confiscated and returned at the end of the day from the rep (referral point)
Hair must be neat and of a natural colour and conventional style. Students will be internally isolated until resolved if this is not the case. In some subjects, students will be required to tie back long hair for safety reasons. Students should bring to school something for this purpose.
If worn, make-up should be minimal and discreet. Nail varnish should not be worn.
If a student does not adhere to these rules, parents will be contacted by letter and/or by phone. If a student continues to wear incorrect uniform, including hair, jewellery and/or make-up, then they will be internally isolated until the situation is resolved. The Principal's decision on appropriate uniform is final.