The academy has a travel plan, aimed at ensuring that students, staff and visitors travel safely to the academy. This includes:
- Improving accessibility of the site by means other than single-occupancy vehicles;
- Ensuring that the travel plan meets the operational needs of the academy and its students;
- Making users of the development aware of the benefits to be derived from the travel plan;
- Minimising the levels of vehicular traffic generated by the development; and
- Enabling the development to protect and enhance the environment.
You can download the travel plan below.
Some students may be able to get free transport to the academy, if they live more than three miles away or their families receive certain benefits or tax credits. You can apply for a free bus pass from Norfolk County Council - phone 0344 800 8020 to get an application form or go to their website.
The previous bus service operated independently of the academy by Lewis Coaches has been withdrawn. Services 84 and T2 currently operated by Coach Services stop close to the academy and connect with the town centre and residential areas around London Road.
Discounts on bicycles
The academy is part of the Thetford Healthy Town initiative in partnership with the Keystone Development Trust and NHS Public Health (Norfolk), to enable all our students to benefit from discounts from any purchases they make from the Green Ventures bike shop, at 39 Brunel Way, Thetford.
As well as all our students benefiting from discounted rates on new bikes and accessories, the academy will make available a £50 voucher to all students who receive free school meals to contribute to the purchase of a new or reconditioned bicycle. Details are set out in the letter sent to parents and carers below.
For our keen cyclists the following link may prove helpful for planning routes both within Thetford and more widely.