Our teaching and learning ethos
- We will provide an outstanding academic education for students in the Great Yarmouth area. We want to produce the leaders of tomorrow.
- We will develop and provide a challenging, innovative and wide curriculum that will build independence, character, resilience, leadership skills and a passion for learning.
- We will create a culture that is relentlessly focused on promoting excellence and supporting our students in achieving their academic potential and aspirations to go to university.
- We will emphasise traditional values and create an ethos of mutual trust and respect.
- We will become a centre of outstanding teaching, establishing an organisation committed to playing a leading part in developing standards of learning and teaching across Norfolk and beyond.
- Believing strongly in collaboration and being outward-facing, we will support local schools to raise their standards and seek to work in partnership with existing successful schools locally and nationally.
- We will set challenging, high targets for ourselves and our students and we will use innovative methods of personalised support and intervention to ensure students achieve their potential.
- We will acknowledge and reward academic success and create a culture and ethos of success, where scholarship is valued and aspired to.
- We will provide excellent personalised support for all students and have clear packages of support, particularly for students with a specific learning need. Our expertise in supporting able, gifted and talented students will enable us to provide excellent opportunities for these students to be stretched and challenged - creating the leaders of tomorrow. Our support for students with special educational needs or disabilities will ensure that all students can succeed.
Our partnerships with Sir Isaac Newton Sixth Form and other prestigious businesses and organisations will enable us to deliver a curriculum that is innovative, flexible and creates special experiences.