Our student destinations
At Jane Austen College Sixth Form we support our students in progressing to some of the UK's top universities and into successful careers. In 2018:
- 100% of our students gained places at university or progressed to further education or employment.
- 89% gained places at university.
- Almost half of those going on to university gained places at the top third of universities.
All students in our sixth form receive high-quality, personalised careers advice and guidance, helping them to make informed, effective decisions about their future. Support includes:
- Vitae Programme - delivered all year round through form time and Vitae Days, focused on university progression and careers.
- Scholar Programme - this programme allows students to build individual study programmes, enabling them to build additional experiences and particularly work-related experiences into their timetable.
- Individual meetings with an external careers advisor.
- Support through 1:1 academic mentoring which focuses on careers and university as well as study support.