Great Yarmouth Primary Academy is rated Good by Ofsted, with Outstanding leadership and management.
The Ofsted report praised the school for “its positive atmosphere of endeavour and high expectations”.
The report said:
- The outstanding leadership of the head teacher, senior leaders, governors and the academy trust has resulted in vast improvements to pupils’ achievement.
- A positive atmosphere of endeavour, and high expectations abound. There is an expectation that all pupils can and will be successful.
- Children get off to a positive start to school in Nursery and Reception classes. Effective leadership has brought about recent improvements. Children typically make strong progress.
- The quality of teaching is good and improving. There is a sharp and constant focus on reading, writing and maths. As a result pupils in Key Stages 1 and 2 are making better, more rapid progress and are reaching higher standards than previously.
- When necessary, the school provides effective additional support including from skilled teaching assistants. All groups of pupils, including the significant proportion eligible for free school meals, and those who speak English as an additional language, progress well.
- Pupils enjoy school. Positive attitudes to learning are demonstrated in their appreciation for the variety of opportunities and experiences offered to them. Pupils feel safe and know how to access support should they need it. Systems for ensuring pupils’ safety and wellbeing are excellent.
- The extended school day ensures that pupils receive exceptionally broad learning experiences. These make a strong contribution to pupils’ personal, social, emotional and cultural development as well as further raising achievement.
You can read the full report below.