Ensuring consistent high-quality teaching in schools needs great classroom experts - but it also needs strong and capable leaders.
The Inspiration Trust has partnered with Ambition School Leadership to offer a range of courses to help aspiring teachers make the transition to leader, helping individuals develop their own careers and become a driving force in improving education in their own schools and beyond.
Based on programmes created by the Ambition National Professional Qualification Alliance, our courses draw on the experience of department heads and school leaders across more than 750 schools nationwide.
Our suite of courses covers the following nationally recognised qualifications:
- National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership (NPQML)
- National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL)
- National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH)
We deliver the NPQ courses through our own team of trained and accredited facilitators, tailoring programme content to meet local challenges, each leader’s development needs, and the Inspiration Trust’s distinctive emphasis on senior curriculum leadership.
Our facilitators include executive headteachers, national leaders for education, and experts in curriculum leadership. Our courses offer a distinctive focus on:
- senior curriculum leadership for combatting disadvantage
- curriculum interventions as ways of plugging the disadvantage gap rapidly;
- building leadership capacity in knowledge-rich curricula to address particular deficits in reading at Key Stage 2 and English Language and English Literature GCSEs.
Course funding for Opportunity Area schools
Schools within the Government's Opportunity Areas - which includes Norwich, Ipswich and the Fenland and East Cambridgeshire - are eligible for fully funded course places. Contact us or your local Opportunity Area coordinator for more details.
Find out more
Details of each course are given on the links from this page. Our current courses are underway, and our next courses are planned to begin in January 2019. To register your interest and keep informed about future courses, please click the button below.