'Every child has the right to experience the highest standards of education. As a community, we will empower every child to develop their passion for learning, academic skills and self-confidence, enabling them to exceed their aspirations and become valued members of society.'
Our core values:
- Highest expectations
We encourage a strong partnership between parents and the academy. Parents, grandparents and other family members play an important role in supporting children and their future outcomes.
This can be done most effectively when all staff, parents and children understand their responsibilities and work together towards the same goals, as detailed in our home school agreement.
The academy will:
- Provide your child with the highest standard of education within a balanced curriculum.
- Ensure that our learning environment is stimulating and challenging.
- Celebrate your child’s academic and personal achievements.
- Care for your child’s safety and well-being by observing and listening to them.
- Achieve high standard of behaviour through building good relationships and developing a sense of responsibility.
- Keep you informed about general school matters and about your child’s progress.
- Be welcoming and work with parents to support pupil learning.
- Encourage a healthy lifestyle through the curriculum, extra-curricular provision, playtimes and lunchtime choices.
- Establish and uphold a behaviour policy for learning which will maintain, grow and develop a love of learning.
- Be committed to ensuring your children achieve the very best possible outcomes and increased life chances.
As a parent/carer we will:
- Make sure that my child will arrive promptly at school by 8.50am each day.
- Ensure my child’s full attendance at school (except in case of ill health) and phone the school before 9am on each day of absence.
- Take holidays outside of term time and avoid interrupting my child’s schooling (in accordance with our attendance policy).
- Make sure that my child is wearing correct and named school uniform and that their PE kit is brought into school at the beginning of each week (in accordance of our uniform policy).
- Endeavour to provide a safe, secure and happy environment at home for my child, ensuring that they learn at home safely on the internet (in accordance with our ICT policy).
- Ensure good communication with school; attend meetings with my child’s teacher and other staff in order to ensure my child makes at least expected progress.
- Support and work with the academy to ensure that the behaviour management policies of the school are maintained, particularly with my child.
- Support the school parent forum members and PTFA.
- Support the school by making sure that homework tasks are completed and returned on time.
- Support your child daily with reading and weekly spelling/times tables tests.
- Keep up to date in advance with payments for lunch and before and after school clubs.
- Keep us informed of your contact details, medical information and emergency details.
- Approach the school if you have concerns and refrain from negative comments on public areas of social media.
- Always remain polite when dealing with academy staff.
- Foster a positive attitude towards education and the school and use discretion when discussing issues or grievances in front of children, as these may have a negative effect on their outlook.
- Not use social media in such a way to cause grievance to the school or other parents and children.
As a pupil I will:
- Be punctual, properly equipped and up to date with school work.
- Take pride in my school uniform and be tidy in my appearance.
- Approach school with a positive attitude to learning, showing the highest expectations in everything I do.
- Follow the school’s rules and all instructions from all adults.
- Do all my classwork and homework as well as I can.
- Be well behaved, polite, respectful and helpful to others.
- Take pride in and look after all school equipment.
- Speak to an adult in school if I am concerned about anything.
- Take responsibility for my own behaviour and learning (age appropriate).