Learning at Cromer Academy
We offer a lively and varied curriculum, with a strong focus on literacy and numeracy as the bedrock of all other studies.
We encourage our pupils to aim high and achieve to the best of their abilities, and are proud of our track record in preparing pupils for GCSE.
Through our extended day programme, we encourage pupils to learn independent study skills.
We also offer an exciting range of new experiences in sport, culture, and public service, to widen our pupils’ horizons.
Our curriculum vision
- We have high expectations and are ambitious for our students – therefore our curriculum is academic; KS3 is accelerated and Languages and Humanities are compulsory at KS4, with few vocational courses on offer.
- We promote high aspirations and are inclusive – students are taught in mixed ability groups at KS3, have open choice of courses at KS4 and will be educated exclusively on site.
- We ensure our students are offered courses of value that will give them the best chances of pursuing their goals on leaving the academy – students study a minimum of 10 level 2 qualifications and all will be studying two sciences, a language and a humanity.
- We fulfill our responsibility to develop the ‘whole child’ – PSHE is taught to every year, an enrichment programme allows for at least 3 hours of activities a week and provision is allowed for a range of visits and collapsed timetable days throughout the year (including an SMSC week)
- We value and recognize the professional development of our teachers – by building in time to release them for high quality training and opportunities to work in groups to hone their teaching practice.