Our curriculum vision
Our curriculum is guided by three key principles:
- All young people are entitled to an exceptional education, regardless of their background.
- We have a responsibility to prepare students exceptionally well for their continuing education and future careers.
- We believe that we can empower our students by ensuring they are knowledgeable about the world around them.
Knowledge and expertise
Through our curriculum, students:
- Acquire knowledge and expertise.
- Read widely, including texts by important writers and thinkers.
- Learn about the world around them and its history.
- Study the context of their learning.
- Learn specialist subject terminology and how to use vocabulary appropriately.
- Academic rigour - Traditional at its heart, but also innovative, providing academic rigour, but also ensuring our students gain the knowledge and expertise they will need to be successful in the future.
- Inspiring – Lessons are stimulating and engaging and wider experiences, such as trips and events, develop a love of learning. We create memorable experiences.
- Scholarship – Students are encouraged to develop independent learning skills and value learning and the acquisition of knowledge.
- Challenge for all – We have high expectations of all students and ensure that lessons are designed to provide challenge for all.