At East Point Academy we have the highest expectations of behaviour from all pupils. These expectations are based on our core principles and values:
- The belief that the education and success of all students is of equal value.
- Celebration of diversity in gender, race, creed and ability, by providing quality teaching to raise standards and equalise life choices.
- A belief that bullying in any form is completely unacceptable and will always be taken very seriously.
- Respect for the dignity of ourselves and others.
- Recognition that all members of our community have rights, with complementary responsibilities.
- Recognition that all students may experience difficulties because of events such as bereavement and family problems. As with students who have special educational physical or emotional needs, the Academy should provide support to ensure that a disproportionate number of behaviour issues do not arise from these more vulnerable students.
- A commitment to developing individual potential and autonomy both inside and outside the classroom.
- The belief that students learn best in a safe and nurturing environment which promotes a sense of belonging.
- A recognition that high student self-esteem and aspiration are essential to success and are best encouraged in a community that celebrates all that is positive.
- Recognition that the success of any academy policy depends on the understanding and support of parents and as such, should be shared with them and their commitment to it sought.
if a student is not meeting our behaviour expectations then we have a system of consequences that will support the student to improve their behaviour and ensure others' learning is not disrupted.
For more information, see the behaviour policy in the Governance section of our website.