Trust teachers celebrate new term in harmony
Published on 14/09/17
Over 800 Inspiration Trust staff got the new school year off to a pitch-perfect start at a special event to welcome back teachers and support staff after the summer break.
Staff from the Trust’s primary and secondary schools in Norwich, Great Yarmouth, Cromer, Lowestoft, and Thetford joined voices at Norwich's historic St Andrew’s Hall in a singing session led by the Trust’s new director of music, John Stephens.
Mr Stephens led staff in a five-part rendition of The Orchestra Song to promote the Trust’s commitment to making music an everyday part of all students’ lives.
The event, held on Monday, September 4, also featured talks from Inspiration Trust chairman Sir Theodore Agnew, chief executive Dame Rachel de Souza, and director of education Christine Counsell, celebrating the Trust’s fantastic exam results and setting out ambitious plans to build on last year’s successes.
Sir Theodore presented Inspiration Awards to 30 members of staff, who received trophies to recognise their outstanding dedication and contribution to school life.
The award winners were:
- Central team: Tricia Smoothy
- Charles Darwin Primary: Caitlin Peck, Leon Frere-Smith
- Cobholm Primary Academy: Danielle Sergeant, Nicola Breynton-Rochard
- Cromer Academy: Carl Hensley, Sharon Jones
- East Point Academy: Amanda Wolsey, Lisa Bibby
- Great Yarmouth Charter Academy: Susie Larke, Joaquim Pinto
- Great Yarmouth Primary Academy: James Wyer, Marc Smout
- Hethersett Academy: Nick Austin, Sarah Brown
- The Hewett Academy: Amy Lee, Craig Argyle
- Jane Austen College: Jamie Turner, Rhiannon Wassell
- Norwich Primary Academy: Adele Price and Shannon Cletheroe, Rosemary Reeve
- Sir Isaac Newton Sixth Form: Tom Marjoram, James Hartley
- Stradbroke Primary Academy: Jennifer Belsey, Michelle Applegate
- Thetford Academy: Helen Thomas-Jones, Sue Scott
- Trafalgar College: Tom Burt, Charlotte Nudd